Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My First Blog

It's crazy to me to think that people actually get paid to blog.  What an amazing job that would be!  Imagine being able to wake up whenever you please, make a pot of coffee, enjoy a nice breakfast and then plop on your couch - still in your pajamas - flip on the TV to old Friends reruns, start up your laptop and start typing away to your hearts desire.  No set hours, no dull office, no rush hour traffic.  Wow, I'm quickly becoming very jealous of paid bloggers.  Where can I sign up?

Unfortunately I don't get paid to blog - in fact, this is my very first blog and blog post ever.  I have never really put much thought into blogging before.  It isn't something that I have been wanting to do forever and just never found the time.  It isn't something that I have always wanted but was afraid that people would judge what I had to say.  It's actually just something that I decided to do on a whim after reading my cousins blog.  She just got engaged over Labor Day weekend (congratulations Kandi and Matt) and so of course she wrote about it on her blog.  While I was reading through it I started thinking 'wow, how awesome is it that she has this blog that I am able to read and keep up with her on, even though I don't get to see her all the time'.  Yes, I know we have Facebook and Instagram and so on but a blog is so different.  It's much more personal and expressive and it allows for more than 140 characters.  So I decided that I too would start a blog.

I like the idea of being able to write down my daily activities, opinions, complaints, current struggles, life updates, happy moments, sad moments, random thoughts, funny stories, and so on.  I suppose I could sit down and write in a journal but I like that I can use this open forum to put it all out there - for friends, family, and even strangers.  Now, I am by no means claiming to actually have something interesting to talk about but for those who know me, you know I love to talk and what a better place to babble than on a blog.  Who knows, maybe my blog will take off and I'll become one of those paid bloggers someday... HA! Joking!

Don't forget to laugh a little, love a lot, and have a super sparkly day!


No comments:

Post a Comment